Evoke the flavours of Hong Kong with this twist on a South East Asian classic.
- 500g stir fry beef
- 250g Chinese roast pork (available from Woolworths)
- 2 brown onions
- 500g snow peas
- 1 mango
- 10g fresh ginger, shaved
- 100g hoisin sauce
- 2tsp soy sauce
- Virgin olive oil
- Roughly dice the brown onions, and add them to a frying pan set to Medium heat.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and continue to stir regularly.
- Roughly dice the snow peas, and add them to the frying pan.
- Let them cook until both the onions and peas are becoming soft.
- Add the hoisin sauce and soy sauce to the pan. We recommend adding a cup of vegetable stock or water.
- Leave the lid off the frying pan to let the sauce reduce, and then add the fresh ginger.
- Roughly dice the Chinese roast pork, and then add it and the beef to the pan.
- Continue cooking until the meat is almost cooked through, then slice up the mango into thin strips and add it to the stir fry.
- Let it cook for a further 1-2 minutes before taking it off the heat.
- Serve by itself, or with a side of white rice.