Combining fresh summer produce with the bold flavours of South-East Asia, this Indonesian-inspired salad is perfect for hot days and warm summer nights, and goes well with chicken or barbecued meats.
|30 minutes||4 (side dish)||Easy|
- 1 fresh papaya
- 300g spinach leaves
- 200g feta
- 200g almonds
- 1 cucumber
- 1 red capsicum
- 1 banana pepper (optional)
Sauce Ingredients (optional):
- 100g peanut butter
- 5 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- Slice the papaya and the capsicum into thin strips.
- Finely dice the feta.
- Dice the almonds, cutting them roughly into quarters.
- Slice the cucumber. Make sure the slices are not too thin.
- If you enjoy a touch of spice in your salads, finely slice the banana pepper.
- Combine the papaya, spinach leaves, feta, almonds, cucumber, capsicum and pepper into a salad bowl and toss until thoroughly mixed.
- Your salad is ready for eating!
- Add the peanut butter, soy sauce and honey into a mixing bowl and whisk with a fork until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Salad with Sauce:
- The sauce should be lightly drizzled over the salad upon serving, with the remainder being served in individual bowls for each person to help themselves.